When Insurance Doesn’t Cover… What Does Breast Reduction Cost?
Trying to get pre-authorization from insurance companies for breast reduction surgery can be a very frustrating experience for many San Francisco and Marin County patients. There are two instances where approval will not occur.
1. If the amount of breast tissue is less than 500 grams per breast (usually a size D or less).
2. The insurance policy specifically excludes breast reduction surgery.
After all attempts to get coverage are exhausted, many patients still want to have surgery and want to know approximately how much the surgery will cost.
Every breast reduction surgery is unique, so it is unrealistic to get an accurate quote before being seen by your breast reduction surgeon. Some women have extremely pendulous breasts requiring additional time and work which will make the procedure more expensive. And many women want to add in additional procedures such as liposuction or in some cases a mommy makeover. It is important to be aware that besides the surgeon’s fee, there is also a facility fee (surgery center or hospital) and a fee for the anesthesiologist. Geographical area, experience and popularity of the surgeon also are a factor.
With all that being said, to help patients get an idea of the cost for breast reduction surgery, I have listed an average cost for the different types of breast reduction procedures that I do below.
Average all inclusive costs of:
1. Traditional breast reduction $11,500
2. Breast reduction by liposuction $4,500
3. Short scar breast reduction $10,000
4. Breast Reduction with a lift $11,500Previous Post Next Post