What Questions to Ask at a Breast Reduction Consultation
Marin County women are sometimes nervous when they first go in for a consultation for breast reduction, also known as reduction mammoplasty. This is understandable and also very common. It is suggested, therefore, to make a list ahead of time to refer to so that all of your important questions will be answered.
Besides your own questions here is a partial list suggested by the American Society of Plastic Surgeons (ASPS) that you may want to include.
1. Is the surgeon is a member of the American Board of Plastic Surgery
2. Is the surgeon a member of ASPS?
3. Where will the surgery be performed?
4. If the surgery is to be done in a private surgical facility is it accredited?
5. Is the anesthesiologist Board Certified?
6. Would I be a good candidate for breast reduction surgery?
7. What technique is recommended for me?
8. What risks and complications are associated with breast reduction?
9. What will the recovery be like?
10. Can I see before and after pictures of actual patients?
It has been my experience that breast reduction surgery is one of the highest patient satisfaction procedures performed. Women who have suffered with back, neck and shoulder pain get immediate relief, and enjoy how well their clothes fit.
Schedule a Consultation
Dr. Delgado has helped many women restore their self-confidence and improve their quality of life with breast reduction surgery. Schedule your consultation today by calling our office or filling out an online contact form.